Based in Oslo, Norway, Simon Poole is an award winning composer, sound designer, producer, and general audio junkie specializing in interactive audio.
A graduate of The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, Simon is currently Audio Director at Red Thread Games, and has many critically acclaimed video game titles under his belt such as the BAFTA winning My Child Lebensborn, Dreamfall The Longest Journey, Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures, The Secret World, Lego Minifigures Online, The Park, and Dreamfall Chapters.
Simon’s goal is to deliver breathtaking audio experiences that engage the audience and enhance the story.
With over 20 years experience in the audio industry, and expert in all elements of the interactive audio pipeline, from concept to final mix, Simon is a key member of each and every team he is a part of, bridging the gap between the director’s artistic vision and the final technical realization.
Collaboratively, Simon has worked with amongst others; Orbital, Magnet, Osymyso, Knut Avenstroup Haugen, and Marc Canham.
- Audio direction/management
- Sound Design
- Music licensing
- Technical sound design/implementation
- Adaptive/Interactive music design
- Cutscene production
- Trailers and marketing material production
- Multichannel audio production/mix/implementation
- Voiceover recording/direction
- Interactive Audio Middleware (FMOD/Wwise)
- Sound recording/production (digital and analogue)